- Poverty line is defined on the basis of nutritional standards. The list calorie intake is fixed at 2400 Cal/person/day for rural area and 2100 Cal/person/day for urban area. The people below these nutritional is an income standards are considered to be below the poverty line(BPL).
- Presently 24.4% population in India is below poverty line. It is 24.36% in ruler India and 24.50% in urban areas. National Sample survey Organisation(NSSO) conducts this survey.
- Unemployment simply means a situation when able and willing people are not getting jobs as per their own capabilities
- Indian Green Revolution is associated with the use of HYVS(highly yielding variety seeds), chemical fertilisers and new technology which led to a sharp rise in agriculture production during the middle of 1960.
- The term “Green Revolution” was given by American scientists, Dr William Gande.
- During the middle of 60s, Indian agriculture scientist developed a number of new highly yielding varieties of wheat by processing wheat seeds imported from Mexico. A similar improvement in variety of rice was also observed.
- The credit of this goes not only to Nobel Laureate Dr. Norman Borlaug, but also to Dr MS Swaminathan
|Yellow revolution||oil seeds|
|Brown Revolution||nonconventional energy resources|