- The state which has accounted for highest number of Harappan sites after independence : Gujarat
- Three Harappan sites that have yielded three stages of Harappan Civilization (Pre-Harappan, Harappan and post-Harappan : Rojde, Desalpur and Surkotada )
- Most commonly engraved animal on Harappan seals : Humpless bull or unicorn
- Site which have yielded evidence of a pre-Harappan settlement: Kot-Diji, Kalibangan and Harappa
- Major Harappan cities that acted as ports : Lothal, Balakot, Suktagendor and Allahdin (Pakistan)
- The Harappan city with most impressive drainage system : Mohenjo-daro
- The geometric shape of the region covered by the Indus civilisation : Triangle
- Wheeler said: Indus Valley is the colony of Sumerians
- Lions have not been found anywhere in Harappa.
- Mother goddess was not worshipped at Rangpur.
- A Kushana period Stupa has been found from Mohenjo-daro
- Evidence of cultivation of peas. Till has been traced from Harappa, paddy from Lothal
- Harappans had trade relations with Mesopotamians around 2300 BC.
- Largest Harappan site in India is situated in Haryana Rakhigarhi, second largest is Dholavira in Gujarat.
- Dimension of Brick-length 11 inches, width -5.5 inches, depth -2.75 inches, ratio 4 2:1
- Harappan wheels were axeless
- Mohenjo-daro had 10.5 mt wide road.
- In Harappa, perhaps because of river Ravi the Granery is outside the fort.
- In the Lothal Port, there was a dockyard which is 216 meters in length and 37 meters in breadth
- Sukotada is the only Indus site where remains of a horse have actually been found.
- Terracoota seals found at Mehargarh were the earliest precussors of Harappan seals.
- Wider road of Harappa was 30 foot.
- Most common materials used for the Harappan stone sculpture : Limestone and steatite
- Time span of the Harappan civilization as fixed on the basis of radio-carbon dating: 2300 BC - 1750 BC.